Monday 17 June 2013

Holiday Edition: What's In My Makeup Bag


Hi again, not been very consistent with posting recently as i've been at home in Brighton for the past 3 weeks and dealing with stuff for my new job (exciting!) but now i'm back in Kent and back into more of a 'routine'. As you may already know i'm off on holiday in about 2 weeks and i am eagerly anticipating it, so i've been planning what sort of things to bring along with me (i'm very organised, i know). I thought i'd kick it off with the makeup and what items i'll be bringing with me to the sunny country of Tunisia!









Foundations/BB cream/concealer/powder: Firstly the Revlon BB cream will be worn more in the day time, on top of my Liz Earle sun protector, as it has a great SPF and i can gradually reapply it throughout the day to protect my face from the sun. The No7 Beautifully Matte foundation has a much more higher coverage which will be more for the evening time and the fact that it mattifies the skin is an ultimate bonus! The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is definitely coming in my makeup bag as i love it so much, i can wear it in the evening when i want a lighter coverage and a more 'natural skin' look. And of course the one and only collection concealer will be making its way to Tunisia with me, along with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder as i just can't live without them!

Blushes: Literally self explanatory, they're my favourite blushes/cheek products, a new addition has been the Bourjois Cream Blush in 02, it's a beautiful peachy shade and the pigmentation is amazing! I've been wearing it consistently since i bought it. The other faves are the Sleek Contour kit in Medium, Dainty Doll blush in You Are My Sunshine.

Eyeliner/mascara/eyeshadow bases: A few of my favourite eye liners that i'll be taking with me are mainly kohl/pencil eye liners as they're just a lot more easier for summer time if you just pop it along the top waterline. You can also use them as eye shadow bases for more dramatic eyes, like using MACs Teddy or Smoulder to make it more intense. I love Rimmel Scandaleyes for the waterline as it's just so creamy and just glides on so smoothly, i also like using the Chanel Kohl eye liner pencil as well as it's very similar in consistency. For liquid eye liner i've recently been loving them more 'felt tip' approach as it's just so much easier, so i use the Collection 24hr Extreme Felt Tip Liner for this. Mascara is simple i either use Maybelline Falsies or Benefit They're Real, depending what kind of effect i want, as The Falsies adds a lot more volume in my opinion. For eye bases i either use the wonderful Urban Decay Primer Potion, or the Maybelline ColorTattoo in On and On Bronze which is just perfect for the summer!

Eyeshadow Palettes: Again just my everyday palettes as i'm pretty neutral when it comes to eye shadows, i'm not really one for a lot of colour on my lids as i use a pop of colour more on my lips or blush shade. Urban Decay Naked Palette and MAC shadows: Tempting, All That Glitters, Cork, Brun.

Lips: I picked out various shades so i have a choice on what kind of colour i'd like to use. Most of them are more mauve shades like Rimmel Apocalips in Galaxy which when added sheerly with a lip brush looks stunning, and Rimmel Lipstick in Vintage Pink which is a more lilac shade. For more pinky-red shades i like using my Revlon Lip Butter in Crush (which doesn't really show the shade well in the photo) as well as the Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon, which is a really nice sheer lipstick (similar to the YSL sheer lipsticks) that i think is perfect for hot days when you're not really fussed with a bold colour on the lips.

Brushes: Of course i'm going to bring my Real Techniques Brushes with me, especially the face brushes! I'm in love with these brushes i rave about them all the time so i won't go on too much. Expert Face Brush - great for foundation, Buffing Brush - foundation or concealer blending, Blush Brush - bronzer or blush, Stippling Brush - cream blush or BB creams, Contour Brush - face powder or contouring, Crease Brush - under eye concealer, Base Shadow Brush - eyeshadow and MAC 217 - eyeshadow.


A very long post but i enjoyed coming up with it! I'm thinking of doing more on 'Holiday Editions' of things such as the clothes i'll be taking and the hair products maybe?


No comments:

Post a Comment