Monday 12 May 2014

It's Prime Time



I thought i'd showcase with you some of my favourite primers/bases for the face and eyes, sometimes I won't use a primer before foundation, but I do always use an eyeshadow base/primer as it really does make a difference to how your eyeshadows last and prevents creasing. 
Firstly for the face i've been liking these two primers recently, the MAC Prep & Prime I just use around the centre of the face, which is where my foundation and concealer tends to wear off first. It's a really nice base and I do notice a difference in how long my foundation will last throughout the day. The L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation primer I like to use on the high points of my face, especially on the cheekbones to add a nice glow to the skin. You can even mix it in with your liquid foundation to be all lovely and glowy all over! You can also use this as a subtle liquid highlighter as well which a nice bonus. 
For eye bases these are the three I always tend to pick up when I want something plain and basic that I can put any eyeshadow over the top. The NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow stick in 'Milk' is a cheaper alternative as an eyeshadow base, it's really creamy and blends like a dream, plus it really makes any eyeshadow pop! You can also use this to highlight your brow bone or use it on your waterline to make your eyes appear more 'awake', although it might look a little intense. If you want just a plain standard clear base with no pigment then NARS is the way to go, once you put eyeshadow over this it will not budge! It's amazing for anyone with oily eyelids too, as it really mattifys the lid and sets in place. Finally the eyeshadow base that everyone and their grandma loves, it's MAC's Painterly Paint Pot, and the crowd goes wild! This paint pot is as good as everyone says it is, whether you get it in Painterly or in Soft Ochre, the nude shades are just perfect for putting eyeshadow over the top or even leaving it on it's own with a bit of liner and mascara! 

2 comments:

  1. great post, I'm looking into getting a new primer so this is really helpful!

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you so much! :) i'm glad it's been of help!

      Delete