Wednesday 3 October 2012

matte eye shadows

Matte eye shadows always look so natural and effortlessly nice however you wear them. I have this mini palette by Ruby and Millie which has 3 matte neutral shadows and one shimmery gunmetal grey to use as a liner or for a subtle smokey eye. I love the two brown shades as they're quite good quality but the white shade is kinda 'chalky' in consistency and doesn't apply very well to the eyes. 
This was my outcome!



I use the white shade for my inner corner of my lid and for my brow bow as well. The medium brown i use for the majority of my eyelid and then the darker brown for my outer corner and crease. I use my Real Techniques base shadow brush to apply these shadows. I then blend out eye shadow with a E.L.F blending brush and reapply the darker shade in the crease with an E.L.F crease brush (you can't go wrong with the E.L.F eye makeup brushes!) 


Rimmel 'Sexy curves' mascara // Revlon ColorStay foundation in 'Ivory' // Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer in 'Fair'// Erase paste by benefit // Sleek contour kit in 'Medium // RealTechniques brushes were used

Then i finished off the look with a bit of eyeliner and my Rimmel mascara! Face makeup was kept the same as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment