Monday 14 January 2013

my recent beauty buys









1. l'oreal paris true match foundation in 'rose ivory'
My Revlon ColorStay foundation is running out and i was in need of a new foundation, so i read reviews and looked at YouTube videos for 'foundations for pale skin' and found that this was an alright one for people with pale skin. I've been wanting the Laura Mercier silk creme foundation for ages but as i'm a poor student decided against getting it and buying a few other beauty products along side the foundation instead for the same amount of money. I've tried this foundation out and it's actually very good, it's got a medium coverage which is okay, it's good for my oily to combination skin and really evens out my skin tone, the only downside is that it's a tad bit too dark!! So i've bought a cheap white foundation that i can mix in with it to lighten it which will hopefully fix the problem!

2. Rimmel Scandal eyes mascara & miss sporty liquid eyeliner
My Rimmel 'Sexy Curves' mascara is drying out and so is my eyeliner, so i decided on buying new ones and resulted in getting another rimmel mascara and a cheap liquid liner. I find the mascara is very good for volume (which is what i need) and the brush is really useful as it makes you able to get every single lash! I'm never really that fussed when it comes to mascara as my lashes are naturally long and fairly thick, i just need something to darken them and make them stand out! The liquid liner is average, thin brush, an okay formula, not too bad!

3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Crush' 
I've been wanting one of these lip stains for SO LONG! Ever since my sister purchased one last summer, and seeing them being raved about all over the beauty community i've been wanting to try one out. And let me tell you, i am not disappointed! I love the deep berry colour and the texture, as it doesn't dry your lips out, it also has a lovely peppermint smell which adds to how great this product is! I'm so glad i decided to finally give this a try!

4. Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 'translucent' 
Again, this is another product i've heard countless of good things about, and as it was only £4 i thought 'why not?!' It really lives up to all the good things i've heard being said about it, as it gives a flawless finish to the skin that also looks natural and not powdery in any way. I apply it with my Real Techniques 'contour brush' and roll it onto my face to make the finish to the skin look even more natural. Definitely a must have for any makeup bag!

5. Rimmel Matte Finish topcoat 
I am in love! This is honestly the greatest top coat ever, you can apply it over any nail polish and it will give it a matte finish that looks lovely and delicate. Unfortunately the matte doesn't last forever, as after 3 days my nails began to look shiny, so i just applied another coat to make them look matte again, which isn't much of a hassle as it drys in seconds! 

2 comments: