Monday 8 October 2012

smokey neutral eye (vampy)

So the other day i came up with the beautiful smokey neutral eye look that i think looks really lovely for a day time look (pair with a nude lip) or for a night time look (pair with a darker lip). I also thought it'd be good for Halloween as it reminds me of a vampire makeup look as it's quite dark for a neutral eye.

Sleek Contour kit in 'Medium'

First as a base i apply my ColorTattoo in 'On and On Bronze' and then apply the brown shade from this Sleek contour kit (you can use bronzer as an eyeshadow) with my Real Techniques base shadow brush.

Urban Decay Naked palette - Using shade 'Smog' and 'Virgin'

Then i take the shade 'Smog' on the same brush and apply that to the outer corner and crease and then take 'Virgin' with the Real Techniques accent brush and apply that to the tear ducts to open up my eyes and brighten them.
Next i take the shade 'Naked' with an E.L.F blending brush and blend out the line that was created in the crease and then i apply 'Dark Horse' with an E.L.F crease brush to the outer V of my eye and to the lower lash line to make the look more smokey.

Maybelline Gel liner // Real Techniques liner brush // E.L.F blending brush // Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara

Then i line my eyes with gel liner and smudge it with a blending brush to make it even more smokey! Then finally i apply a generous amounts of mascara to the top and bottom lashes.

Sleek Contour kit in 'Medium' // E.L.F blush in 'Berry Merry'

Next i contour my cheeks with the brown shade and blend very well with my Real Techniques contour brush, and apply the highlight shade subtly on the tops of my cheek bones. Then with the same brush i apply this E.L.F blush to the edges of the apple of my cheeks which i think goes perfectly with the dark neutral eyes.

Revlon lipstick in 'Smoked Peach' // Rimmel lipstick in 'Vintage Pink'

And finally for lips i like to layer a purple shade lipstick with a coral/peachy lipstick to create this beautiful dark berry shade which matches the cheeks and eyes really well!


The outcome!










2 comments:

  1. I really want to try out Sleek Contour kit, need to finally get it. Urban Decay Naked palette is so good, I love using Virgin all over the lid then I apply Buck or Naked to the crease. I used to use Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara ages ago, I forgotten how much I loved it. You look gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the sleek contour kit is really good! :) thankyou!

      Delete